Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Starting Fresh

Dear Girls,

It’s been a long time since I have written. And yes, I am ashamed of myself. Happy New School year! Happy September! Happy smell of new books and sharp pencils!

I too, have begun the Fall semester and the work appears daunting, but I know that great things are just around the corner. I love how new school years allow us to feel a fresh start before January.

Having not been a student for so long, I had lost the appreciation of the newness September brings, but I am enjoying the fresh start again. It’s hard for me to really grasp what it means to have the ability to start fresh every day, every moment even and yet God says he offers that to me. I have been struggling with an awful round of perfectionism lately. Seeing all that I am not, and dwelling on my failings. But the other day I was listening to some Psalms and I was reminded of how great God is. I was overcome with how insignificant my failings and imperfections are in comparison to how perfect and capable our God is.

The enemy loves to paint a bleak picture. He loves to fill us with hopelessness and tries to blur the reality that with God all things are made new; that he is committed to completing the work he begun in us and that He sent his son to be perfection for us.
So if for some reason you’re struggling to not feel the newness of the day or the newness of the year or if you’re feeling bogged down already by the assignments and commitments that your school year brings, know that I am praying for you. May you each have a fresh realization of just how great God’s mercy is and how wide and deep his forgiveness is.

"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

1 comment:

  1. aw, i miss buying new school supplies every september...
    (but i don't miss school!) ;)

    ReplyDelete